|Charitable Giving Options
Fundraising dollars play a very important part in providing high quality services to persons with disabilities. The New Hope Village Foundation was established in 1987 as the fund-raising arm of New Hope. It is governed by a Board of Trustees who oversees development operations.
While minimum levels of operational needs and most services at New Hope are covered by government funding programs, there is often not enough to cover equipment, furnishings, and other capital improvements that meet New Hope's standards for high quality service.
New Hope Village is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) charitable organization, so your gift may qualify for tax deduction. Visit www.guidestar.org to view our nonprofit status.
Several special funds are available through the New Hope Foundation to help provide donors a better choice for contributions:
- Annual Fund
- The Annual Support Program pays for recurring needs, such as adaptive equipment, vocational supplies and programming, and capital expenditures at New Hope and its off-campus sites.
- Building and Equipment Fund
- This Fund helps pay for new buildings, renovations, repair and replacement of equipment, dept retirement, grounds improvement and other major expenditures at New Hope and its off-campus sites.
- Endowment Fund
- This Fund was established to provide a supplemental source of income to help pay for recurring and special needs. It provides the donor the opportunity to make a gift that will keep on giving and will help New Hope save for the future.
Funds received from planned gifts such as bequeaths, life insurance, retirement funds, and memorial gifts go 100% to the Endowment Fund unless otherwise designated.
- Clients' Special Needs Fund
- A Clients' Special Needs Fund was established to provide for personal needs of our clients when there are no other funds available.
- Frank H. Hermsen Staff Development Fund
- New Hope employees apply to this fund for grants to be used to enhance their knowledge, skills and abilities by enabling them to attend supplemental training and educational opportunities to augment their ability to perform their current or future job responsibilities. They can also attend specialized regional and national in-services and training sessions. Issues such as funding sources and technology are constantly changing in our field, and there is a crucial need for our staff to receive the necessary specialized training in these areas. This fund allows a greater number of New Hope’s current and future leaders the opportunity to advance their knowledge, skills and abilities.
In addition, gifts of cash and materials are always needed and welcome to assist New Hope in continuing the excellence in services due to the people we serve. A Foundation representative is available to visit with families of persons served at New Hope to discuss questions or concerns about future financial security for their loved ones.
If you prefer to mail in your donation, please make your check out to "New Hope Foundation" and mail it to New Hope Village, PO Box 887, Carroll, IA 51401-0887
Forms available: AUTOGIVE: Electronic Funds Transfer form
: Complete this form and mail the information to us or drop it off in person if you prefer.
Click HERE to access the 2012 New Hope Recognition Book. It is with generous thanks that we offer this year's booklet. |